20 simple summer home decorating ideas
It’s summertime, which means that your home will probably need a little refresh to reflect all that fun and sun. The key is to remember that it doesn’t take much to incorporate seasonal changes in your home. Here are 20 simple summer home decorating ideas that anyone can do.
1) Store your spare firewood or pillar candles artfully in your empty fireplace.
2) Change out bed linens, table linens and towels to something more summer appropriate in weight, texture and color.
3) Update something with paint. This could be something such as a piece of furniture, a wall, the front door, kitchen cabinets, or a chandelier.
4) Slipcover an entire chair or recover cushions in bright and breezy fabrics.
5) Buy or make accent pillows for your couch, chairs, benches, bed and outdoor living space.
6) Create a variety of flower arrangements by using fresh flowers from the store or from the garden. You could even use silk flowers if fresh isn’t an option.
7) Place a decorative throw rug in the house or replace your welcome mat with something in vibrant colors.
8) Replace a worn patio table umbrella with one that’s new and bright.
9) Illuminate a walkway or the backyard with solar lighting or tiki torches.
10) Decorate the front door with a handmade summer wreath (Pinterest is full of ideas).
11) Hang summer-like artwork or blow up pictures you’ve taken yourself to frame for the wall.
12) Fill empty glass bowls with items such as sand, shells, floating candles and colorful pebbles.
13) Add flowers to your front porch, deck or patio in a variety of pots.
14) Hang an Australian flag to show patriotic pride.
15) Repurpose something like an antique birdcage for an accent piece or turn it into a lantern made with candles.
16) Hang a swing on your porch, from a tree or even from a pergola.
17) Put seating near your gardens.
18) Build window planter boxes so you can see color flowers and other greenery close up.
19) Start an herb garden in your kitchen.
20) Hang string lights from nearby trees or from your covered seating area.
As stated earlier, it doesn’t take much to add fun summer touches to your home. Whether you focus on the inside, outside or both, these simple tips should help you enhance your space so it’s extra enjoyable during the warm season.